RSCSlay - Runescape Classic Private Server

runescape classic private server.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Register to join now!

*Be sure to use a correct email address*
Once you are logged in you can view the full forums.

#1 2016-12-29 15:22:39

stEps
Administrator

Brainstorming, late event, and the future of the server

Hello All,

Im writing to everyone to get this server going again.  Due to the holidays and life, there was a bunch of time that we had a lack of updates.
What I would like to happen is the people that are currently playing, that pop on occasionally, or new players to come together and reply on this topic.
The server is good as it stands, but we should be open to what RSCSlay wants.  I would like to see everything and anything discussed that has been an issue or that is good with the server.

Together we can get some ideas and improvements whirling around and get them Implemented along with a Holiday Event. This is obviously by far late, but better late than never and I still believe that this server can be one of the best with the community involved.

We move forward, it's the only direction god gave us.

#2 2016-12-30 18:24:09

Tokyo Blade

Re: Brainstorming, late event, and the future of the server

Hey everyone here’s my few ideas for 2017 improvements – feel free to discuss and agree/ disagree:
Drops
I think that drops feel a bit geared towards pure 2h pking – which is sort of good if that’s the unique selling point for the server but it’s not the spirit of original runescape: “go where you want do want you want, make your own path” etc. I like the idea of being an all-rounder on runescape – smithing my armour, crafting my ammies, making my potions, fishing for food rather than get easy drops with no incentive to skill my items.  Equally if a player is really into one skill they should be able to use the gp they make to buy items – certain rune and all dragon items are not available for purchase at all and it’s tricky if no-one is online to sell you stuff. (thanks to Black Khaos for my d b axe though smile)
I think greater demons should have better drops than lesser – a rune large would be cool (and accurate for classic I think)
Men don’t drop many herbs – you get too many full irons and mith 2h and addy 2h drops
Glitch
There’s a small Item spawn glitch – when dropping an item when mining and picking it up the item next to it disappears – I saw this in the craft guild too – if you pick up the amulet mould all the other item spawns disappear.  This really doesn’t bother me but I thought I’d mention it.
Items
With the xp rate as it is I think there should be higher requirements for questing guilds e.g. 1300/1400 skill points for legends guild. (put a black dragon/greater demons here?) What do people think about being able to buy a d sword or axe but at a high gp cost in one of the guilds? The appearance of rune essence could be better – just do what rsce do which is a blank rune I think.
Events
I think it was Ruza who mentioned about posting times for events, I think this is a great idea – I’m from the UK which is GMT time - not sure where everyone else is from? The points system makes all the pure pking and hybrid pking really accessible with lots of options for events. A good mix of risk and non risk of loosing items event is good I think.
Slayer/Bosses
Again I may have read someone else’s ideas on this but it would be cool if there were a certain number of slayer tasks then a special boss a bit like the black night titan or maybe a specific boss just for each slayer master one for getting  level 1-49 another for 50-79 another for 80-99. I would also like to see two bosses on non-event days in the wilderness one with different sort of drops (drag ammy, air runes, sdef pot) but just as difficult to kill – then extra bosses for certain periods e.g Ragged Ruggly (I don’t actually know what this is!). I don’t know how much work this would be but if there was a new boss or event each month you could draw new people in this way? Runescape advertise this on Facebook all the time for new bosses and events. I really believe the Slayer skill and bosses will set apart this server from the rest. Slayer coins and more slayer items to buy with orbs would be what I would prioritise personally
Rares/holiday items
I like rares that aren’t just items you put on your head e.g. Slayer robes, a holiday shield/weapon/boots/gloves/cape would be cool. Holiday items that add bonuses are more interesting to me – similar to the slayer items really.

Anyway that’s my 2 cents and I do think this server is cool so hopefully I don’t come across too critical.

Colin
(aka Tokyo Blade/Colcj/Ghandi)

#3 2017-01-10 17:07:00

Tokyo Blade

Re: Brainstorming, late event, and the future of the server

Has the points system been permanetley altered so that you can't reduce stats at all? I personally think this doesn't help pking if it's going to continue - it's cool if you've earned your xp/points to be able to adjust your stats accordingly, one of the things I really like about this server. On another note - how do you gain pking levels? I have killed a few players and haven't gained any smile

Board footer